Are you making the right legal decisions?
- Do you have a written founder agreement that includes clear deal terms among all founders, including equity grants?
- Are you choosing the right business entity to avoid liabilities and reduce taxes?
- Do you have a strong contract when dealing with customers or clients?
- Have you taken the appropriate steps to protect your intellectual property?
- Are you maintaining adequate employment documentation, and do you know the legal differences between employees and consultants?
- Have you complied with securities laws when issuing stock to angels, family, or friends?
- Have you considered important tax issues, such as sales tax, payroll tax, Section 83(b) elections, stock option issues, and tax incentives?
- Does your company or product/service name have trademark issues or domain name problems?